Today I was in a creative session with one of the largest Christian television ministries and we discussed the needs of the world, and what we should do to help. Have you noticed what’s going on in the world right now?
- Untold thousands dead in Myanmar, and it’s going to get worse as disease spreads.
- China digging out from a major earthquake, tens of thousands dead and that’s if the dam doesn’t break.
- Tornados flatten towns in Oklahoma and Missouri.
- Violence errupts in Kenya.
- Darfur rebels attempt a coup which will lead to a bloody payback.
- And this is just mentioning the obvious examples.
So, the problem is this: as Christians we must respond, but here in America we’re paying around $4 for a gallon of gas. For many, the pain from filling the gas tank eclipses the pain of those around the world who have lost everything and for whom the cost of gas isn’t even on their radar.
We are the body of Christ. We must respond — both to the hurting in America and to those around the world who will never see the face of Christ unless we show up.